◈ Copyright of the original
※ Tanveer Wasim France (born 1983, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tan_France , https://tanfrance.com , https://www.imdb.com/name/nm9614109 , https://www.instagram.com/tanfrance , https://www.youtube.com/@TanFrance ) ; a British-American fashion designer, entrepreneur, and television personality.
He is known as the fashion expert for the Netflix series Queer Eye, host of the web series Dressing Funny, and co-host of Next in Fashion (그는 Netflix series Queer Eye의 패션 전문가이자 웹 시리즈 Dressing Funny의 진행자, Next in Fashion의 공동 진행자로 잘 알려져 있다).
Of Pakistani descent, he is one of the first openly gay men of South Asian ancestry on a major show, and one of the first openly gay Muslim men on Western television (파키스탄계인 그는 주요 방송 프로그램에 출연한 최초의 남아시아계 커밍아웃 게이 남성 중 한 명이자, 서구 TV에 등장한 최초의 무슬림 커밍아웃 게이 남성 중 한 명이기도 하다).
☞ Chung Woon-gap profile
https://jc2588.tistory.com/pages/hello
What did people truly want to say to the world?
I want to convey the true heart of the person published here.
With this mindset, I hope to properly express Tan France's heart.
1. A lot of times, we forget it is our partners who we need to make the biggest effort for.
우리는 종종 가장 많은 노력을 기울여야 할 대상이 바로 파트너라는 사실을 잊곤 한다.
2. As a stylist, my goal is to help people be the best version of themselves.
스타일리스트로서 내 목표는 사람들이 자신의 가장 멋진 모습을 찾도록 돕는 것이다.
3. Style is dressing the way that you feel confident and what is appropriate for you, your age, your body type.
스타일이란 자신감을 느끼게 해주고, 본인과 나이, 체형에 어울리는 방식으로 옷을 입는 것이다.
4. Each of us is living our own private journey, and the more we know about each other, the healthier and happier the world will be.
우리 각자는 자신만의 인생 여정을 살아가고 있다.
서로에 대해 더 많이 알수록 세상은 더 건강하고 행복한 곳이 될 것이다.
5. From my vertical, people, especially men, don't realize what clothes can do for their self-esteem, the way they see themselves, their confidence.
내가 몸담고 있는 분야에서 보면, 사람들, 특히 남성들은 옷이 자신의 자존감이나 스스로를 바라보는 시각, 자신감에 어떤 영향을 미치는지 잘 깨닫지 못하는 것 같다.
6. I just want to say this thing about Jonathan Van Ness( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Van_Ness ): I love that boy more than life itself.
Jonathan Van Ness에 대해 꼭 하고 싶은 말이 있다.
나는 그 친구를 내 목숨보다 더 사랑한다.
7. When it comes to a vintage store, we're not concerned with men's or women's.
I want you to treat it like no other store.
Just find stuff that you love and go for that.
빈티지 숍에 갈 때면 남성용인지 여성용인지는 중요하지 않다.
다른 가게와는 다르다고 생각하고 둘러보세요.
그저 마음에 드는 물건을 발견하고선 그걸 선택하면 된다.
8. A leather jacket always makes you look cooler, sometimes more chic, and it elevates your look to make you look like you've purchased something expensive to set yourself apart.
가죽 재킷은 언제나 사람을 더 멋지고 때로는 더 세련돼 보이게 하며, 남다른 감각으로 고가의 제품을 갖춰 입은 듯한 느낌을 주어 전체적인 스타일을 한 단계 높여준다.
9. When I see a shoe, I deconstruct it in my head.
It comes from spending childhood summers around my grandad's denim factory in Bury, watching the machinists turn fabric into clothes.
나는 신발을 보면 머릿속으로 그 구조를 분해해 보곤 한다.
어린 시절 여름방학마다 영국 베리(Bury)에 있는 할아버지의 데님 공장에서 시간을 보내며, 작업자들이 원단을 옷으로 만들어내는 모습을 지켜보던 경험에서 비롯된 습관이다.
10. I think being fashion forward is stepping out of your comfort zone with just even a single piece - an accessory, footwear, a dress - something that shows your style but is just a bit outside of your comfort zone.
패션 감각이 앞서간다는 건, 액세서리나 신발, 드레스 등 단 하나의 아이템만으로도 자신의 스타일을 드러내면서 동시에 평소 즐겨 입던 스타일에서 살짝 벗어난 시도를 해보는 것이라고 생각한다.
11. I would have to say Kelly Clarkson( https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2025/07/the-kelly-clarkson-show-kelly-clarkson.html )'s 'Because of You' would be the song I would associate with coming out.
It's really emotive, and personally, it reminds me of my father.
'커밍아웃' 하면 떠오르는 노래를 꼽으라면 켈리 클락슨의 'Because of You'를 말하고 싶다.
정말 감정이 풍부한 곡이고, 개인적으로는 아버지 생각이 나게 한다.
12. When your clothes aren't organized, it's even harder.
You don't know what your options are.
Everything is in disarray.
Organization makes it so much easier to put on an outfit.
옷 정리가 안 되어 있으면 상황이 훨씬 더 힘들어진다.
어떤 옷을 입을 수 있는지조차 알 수 없기 때문이다.
모든 게 뒤죽박죽인 상태가 된다.
옷을 잘 정리해두면 외출할 때 옷을 입기가 훨씬 수월해진다.
13. The main must-have is a capsule wardrobe.
I think it's really important that everybody, men and women, have a few items in their closets that are their go-tos.
No matter what the occasion, they have something in their closets that they can go to.
꼭 갖춰야 할 필수 요소는 바로 '캡슐 워드로브(최소한의 핵심 아이템으로 구성된 옷장)'이다.
남녀를 불문하고 누구나 옷장에 언제든 꺼내 입을 수 있는 '주력 아이템'을 몇 가지 갖추는 것이 정말 중요하다고 생각한다.
어떤 상황에서든 바로 꺼내 입을 수 있는 옷이 옷장에 있어야 한다.
14. I'm really loving Billie Eilish( https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2022/11/billie-eilish-sayings-quotes-wikipedia.html )'s 'idontwannabeyouanymore.'
Her dreamy vocals offer such a lovely moment of escape, and there's a sophistication to the lyrics that are so surprising coming from a teen artist.
나는 빌리 아일리시의 'idontwannabeyouanymore'를 정말 좋아한다.
그녀의 몽환적인 목소리는 기분 좋은 일상 탈출의 순간을 선사하고, 젊은 아티스트라고는 믿기지 않을 만큼 가사에 담긴 세련미가 놀랍다.
15. I worked as a receptionist in England for a couple of years whilst I was building up my business.
I decided to take a massive pay cut from my full-time job and work as a receptionist so I could make my own business work.
나는 내 사업을 키워나가는 동안 영국에서 접수원(receptionist)으로 일했다.
내 사업을 성공시키기 위해 본업을 그만두고 급여가 훨씬 적은 접수원 일을 하기로 결심했었다.
16. When I speak, I don't speak for myself; I don't have the luxury of a Caucasian to be able to speak for myself.
I speak for a whole community, and I represent so many different communities that that felt like a lot of pressure.
내가 발언할 때, 나는 단지 나 개인을 위해 말하는 것이 아니다.
내게는 백인들이 누리는 것처럼 오직 자신만을 대변할 수 있는 그런 여유가 없다.
나는 공동체 전체를 대변하며, 수많은 다양한 집단을 대표하기에 그 책임감이 상당한 부담으로 다가오기도 한다.
17. You know how Oprah( https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2022/11/oprah-winfrey-sayings-quotes-wikipedia.html ) has her moment about bread?
Mine's about boots.
You could wear it to a meeting at work. You could wear it to a date. You could wear it to a wedding with a suit.
오프라 윈프리가 빵에 대해 열변을 토하던 순간을 아시나요?
내게는 그게 바로 부츠이다.
부츠는 직장 회의 때도 신을 수 있고, 데이트할 때도 신을 수 있으며, 결혼식에서 정장과 함께 매치할 수도 있다.
18. It's not called 'Queer Eye For the Straight Guy' now for a reason.
We want to be able to help more and more people, and why wouldn't we help women, and why wouldn't we help a trans man?
I want to help as many different groups as physically possible with this show.
프로그램 이름이 더 이상 'Queer Eye For the Straight Guy(이성애자 남성을 위한 퀴어 아이)'가 아닌 데에는 다 이유가 있다.
우리는 점점 더 많은 사람을 돕고 싶다. 여성이나 트랜스젠더 남성을 돕지 않을 이유도 없다.
나는 이 프로그램을 통해 물리적으로 가능한 한 다양한 집단을 돕고 싶다.
19. I believe that our show is hopefully a beacon of hope for certain people who think that they have been forgotten, that they don't have the support or representation.
We're there for them and also to remind people that even though we are so divided, just a very open conversation can bridge that divide.
우리 프로그램이 자신은 잊혔다고 느끼거나, 지지나 대변(代辨)을 받지 못한다고 생각하는 분들에게 희망의 등불이 되기를 바란다.
우리는 그들 곁에 있을 뿐만 아니라, 우리가 비록 크게 분열되어 있더라도 솔직하고 열린 대화만으로 그 간극을 메울 수 있다는 사실을 일깨워주고 싶다.
20. I was terrified of being on camera.
I was worried that whatever I would say, people would assume I'm speaking for every Muslim, every Pakistani, or every Middle Eastern person.
That's a lot of pressure. But it also got me excited about what could be done, because I am a representative for people who are underrepresented.
나는 카메라 앞에 서는 게 정말 두려웠다.
내가 무슨 말을 하든 사람들이 나를 모든 무슬림, 파키스탄인, 혹은 중동 사람을 대변하는 사람으로 여길까 봐 걱정되었다.
엄청난 부담감이었다. 하지만 동시에 기대감도 생겼다.
목소리를 잘 내지 못하는 사람들을 대변할 수 있는 기회이기도 했다.
※ Quotes & sayings from Fashion Designers, King or Queen of fashion 3(패션인들의 명언)
-. Ralph Lauren(랄프 로렌)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2023/05/ralph-lauren-polo-english-sayings.html
-. Reem Acra(م عكرا, 림 아크라)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2023/12/reem-acra-sayings-quotes-bridal-wedding.html
-. Rei Kawakubo(川久保玲, 가와쿠보 레이)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2026/04/comme-des-garcons-rei-kawakubo-clothing.html
-. Riccardo Tisci(리카르도 티시)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2026/06/italian-fashion-designer-riccardo-tisci.html
-. Tamara Mellon(타마라 멜론)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2023/05/tamara-mellon-english-wise-quotes.html
-. Thierry Mugler(티에리 뮈글러)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2025/07/creative-adviser-thierry-mugler-quotes.html
-. Tim Gunn(팀 건)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2024/05/tim-gunntimothy-mackenzie-gunn-sayings.html
-. Tina Knowles(티나 놀즈)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2023/05/tina-knowles-gumbo-profiled-images-of.html
-. Tom Ford(톰 포드)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2026/03/fashion-designer-tom-ford-beauty.html
-. Valentino Garavani(발렌티노 가라바니)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2022/10/fashion-designer-valentino-garavani.html
-. Vera Wang(王薇薇, 베라 왕)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2022/11/vera-wang-sayings-quotes-wikipedia.html
-. Victoria Beckham(빅토리아 베컴)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2023/10/victoria-beckhamposh-spice-sayings.html
🏡 Inside Tan France’s Dream Home in Salt Lake City
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvoPw_5Sz8U
🥼 Fascist Fashion with Tan France
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhSThF8_4J8
※ Quotes & sayings from Broadcasters & Journalists 6(방송인 및 저널리스트들의 명언)
-. Tavis Smiley(타비스 스밀리)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2026/05/bet-tonight-show-tavis-smiley-wikipedia.html
-. Ted Allen(테드 앨런)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2023/10/tedallensayingsquoteswikipediawikiwebsi.html
-. Thomas Friedman(토머스 프리드먼)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2022/10/thomas-friedman-sayings-quotes.html
-. Tim Harford(팀 하포드)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2024/02/tim-harford-sayings-quotes-articles.html
-. Trevor Noah(트레버 노아)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2024/12/the-daily-show-with-trevor-noah-sayings.html
-. Val McDermid(발 맥더미드)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2022/10/val-mcdermid-sayings-quotes-wikipedia.html
-. Van Jones(반 존스)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2022/12/van-jones-sayings-quotes-wikipedia.html
-. W. Bruce Cameron(W. 브루스 캐머런)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2022/10/williamw-bruce-cameronw-sayings-quotes.html
-. William Greider(윌리엄 그라이더)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2024/08/william-greider-sayings-quotes-books.html
-. Zak Bagans(Zachary Bagans, 잭 바갠스)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2022/10/ghost-adventures-zak-baganszachary.html
-. Zanny Minton Beddoes(재니 민톤)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2022/10/zanny-minton-beddoes-sayings-quotes.html
-. 17 Lifestyle Fanatics Share Their Secrets to Success(성공적인 삶을 위한 비법 17가지)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2022/11/17-lifestyle-fanatics-share-their.html





