Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Red Sheet, James Ellroy(제임스 엘로이) new book best books in order LA Confidential, LA Quartet, The Enchanters, The Big Nowhere movies bibliography mother was murdered wikipedia wiki quotes sayings profile 짧은 긴 문장 세계 유명인 멋진 영어 명언 어록 프로필 글 모음집 간지나는 짧고 좋은 인생 名言 모음 사이트

 




◈ Copyright of the original

https://cw2588.blogspot.com


Lee Earle "James" Ellroy (born 1948, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Ellroy , https://www.jamesellroy.net , https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0255278 ) ; an American crime fiction writer and essayist.



Chung Woon-gap profile

https://jc2588.tistory.com/pages/hello


What did people truly want to say to the world?
I want to convey the true heart of the person published here.
With this mindset, I hope to properly express James Ellroy's heart.


1. We do. Or re-create the ones we have, and project.

My whole life is projection.

우리는 이렇게 하고 있다.

혹은 우리가 가진 것들을 재창조하고 투영(投影)한다.

내 인생 전체가 투영이다.


2. As critical acclaim and response has built up, every interview I give is a chance to puncture the myth I’ve created about my work and refine it.

비평가들의 호평과 반응이 쌓여감에 따라, 내가 하는 모든 인터뷰는 내 작품에 대해 내가 만들어낸 신화를 깨뜨리고 다듬을 수 있는 기회이다.


3. Our shared world is humanly unquantifiable and ideologically confused.

Which one of them is capable of implementing the most recognizable harm or good?

우리가 공유하는 세상은 인간적으로는 측정할 수 없고 이념적으로도 혼란스럽다.

그중 어느 쪽이 가장 명확하게 드러나는 해악이나 선을 행할 수 있을까?


4. I don't feel in any way obligated to remain current with the culture.

I feel no social obligation whatsoever.

I trust my morality in the narrow path I trek through the world as I work.

나는 문화의 흐름에 발맞춰야 한다는 의무감을 전혀 느끼지 않는다.

나는 사회적 의무감도 전혀 느끼지 않는다.

나는 내가 일하면서 세상을 헤쳐나가는 좁은 길에서 내 도덕성을 믿는다.


5. Well, the clues are there. They always are.

Which is why when crimes are solved decades after the fact, it's obvious that the clues had always been right in front of them.

언제나 그랬듯이, 단서는 분명히 있었다.

그래서 수십 년 후에 범죄가 해결될 때, 단서가 항상 눈앞에 있었다는 사실이 명백해지는 것이다.


6. The left one’s the hospital, the right one’s death.

The right one steals your life while the left steals your breath.

These hands are bad juju and the bad boogaloo, they’re the teeth of the demon as he slides down the flue.

왼쪽은 병원이고, 오른쪽은 죽음이다.

오른쪽은 우리 생명을 훔치고, 왼쪽은 우리 숨을 훔친다.

이들은 불운, 악령의 춤, 악마 등이 굴뚝을 타고 내려갈 때의 이빨이다.


7. I cleaned up.

I quit drinking, I quit doing drugs, I quit stealing, I quit breaking into houses, I tried to quit being a bad human being.

I developed a conscience later in life than many.

I call it the lost-time-regained dynamic.

나는 정신을 차렸다.

술도 끊고, 마약도 끊고, 도둑질도 끊고, 남의 집에 침입하는 것도 끊었다.

나는 나쁜 사람이 되지 않으려고 노력했다.

나는 다른 많은 사람들보다 늦게 철이 들었다.

나는 이걸 '잃어버린 시간을 되찾는 역동성(力動性)'이라고 부른다.


8. I’m way past the idea of using ideology or political view as a gauge of human character.

I simply don’t believe it.

And many people, I tend to think most people, feel that way.

Since I don’t have to worry about it, I’m happy.

나는 이념이나 정치적 견해를 인간의 인격을 판단하는 기준으로 삼는다는 생각을 이미 오래전에 접었다.

나는 그런 생각을 전혀 믿지 않는다.

많은 사람들, 아니 대부분의 사람들이 나와 같은 생각일 거라고 생각한다.

나는 그런 걱정을 할 필요가 없으니 행복하다.


9. The only forms of socialism in the world that were then getting results – malign ones, as it was – were the Fascist and Soviet republics.

Fascism is a form of socialism – you rebuild the country, you find a scapegoat, and you go from there.

당시 세계에서 성과를 내고 있던 유일한 사회주의 형태는 (비록 악의적인 형태였지만) 파시스트와 소련 공화국뿐이었다.

파시즘은 사회주의의 한 형태이다.

나라를 재건하고, 희생양을 찾으며, 거기서부터 시작하는 것이다.


10. I saw crime everywhere.

Crime was not isolated incidents destined for ultimate solution and adjudication.

Crime was the continual circumstance.

It was all day, every day.

The ramifications extended to the 12th of Never.

This is a policeman’s view of crime.

I did not know it then.

나는 도처에서 범죄를 보았다.

범죄는 궁극적인 해결과 판결을 기다리는 고립된 사건이 ​​아니었다.

범죄는 끊임없이 발생하는 상황이었다.

하루 종일, 매일같이 범죄가 일어났다.

범죄의 여파가 영원히 지속되지는 않을 것이다.

이것이 경찰관의 시각에서 본 범죄이다.

나는 예전에는 그걸 몰랐다.


📕“L.A. Confidential" author James Ellroy talks new novel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCCpzQwSLYU


❓ 10 Questions for James Ellroy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHseb8JGNyA



※ Quotes & sayings from J-Men Authors(남성 작가들의 명언)


-. J. D. Salinger(J. D. 샐린저)

https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2022/10/j-d-salingerj-d-sayings-quotes.html


-. J. G. Ballard(J. G. 밸러드)

https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2022/10/james-grahamj-g-ballardj-g-sayings.html


-. James A. Michener(제임스 미치너)

https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2023/12/james-michener-sayings-quotes-writing.html


-. James Allen(제임스 알렌)

https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2022/11/james-allen-sayings-quotes-wikipedia-f1.html


-. James Howard Kunstler(제임스 하워드 컨슬러)

https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2026/01/the-long-emergency-james-howard.html


-. James Lee Burke(제임스 리 버크)

https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2025/12/dave-robicheaux-author-james-lee-burke.html


-. James McBride(제임스 맥브라이드)

https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2025/08/the-good-lord-bird-james-mcbride-wise.html


-. James Patterson(제임스 패터슨)

https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2025/05/violets-are-blue-james-patterson-quotes.html


-. James Rollins(제임스 롤린스)

https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2025/02/author-james-rollins-james-clemens.html


-. Jared Diamond(재러드 다이아몬드)

https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2022/10/jareddiamondsayingsquoteswikipediawebsi.html


-. Jeff Goins(제프 고인스)

https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2022/11/jeff-goins-sayings-quotes-wikipedia.html


-. Jeff Goodell(제프 구델)

https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2024/05/author-jeff-goodell-sayings-quotes.html


-. John Grisham(존 그리샴)

https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2025/07/the-litigators-john-grisham-wise.html


-. John Ruskin(존 러스킨)

https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2022/11/john-ruskin-sayings-quotes-wikipedia.html


-. Jon Gordon(존 고든)

https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2022/10/authordrjongordonsayingsquoteswikipedia.html


-. Joshua Becker(조슈아 베커)

https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2022/11/joshua-becker-sayings-quotes-wikipedia.html


-. Jules Renard(쥘 르나르)

https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2022/11/jules-renard-sayings-dictons-quotes.html


-. Julian Barnes(줄리언 반스)

https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2022/11/postmodernism-julian-barnes-sayings.html