◈ Copyright of the original
※ Christina Baker Kline (born 1964, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christina_Baker_Kline , https://christinabakerkline.com ) ; an American novelist.
☞ Chung Woon-gap profile
https://jc2588.tistory.com/pages/hello
What did people truly want to say to the world?
I want to convey the true heart of the person published here.
With this mindset, I hope to properly express Christina Baker Kline's heart.
1. Upright and do right make all right.
똑바른 입장으로 올바르게 행하여 모든 일을 제대로 처리하라.
2. If you’re disorganized, you risk losing everything.
자신이 무질서하다면, 모든 것을 잃을 위험이 있다.
3. You got to learn to take what people are willing to give.
사람들이 기꺼이 주고자 하는 것을 받아들이는 법을 배워야 한다.
4. Test your limits.
Learn what you can endure.
자신의 한계를 테스트해보라.
자신이 견딜 수 있는 것을 익혀라.
5. The older I get, the more I believe that the greatest kindness is acceptance.
나이가 들어갈수록 가장 큰 친절은 수용(受容)이라는 생각이 든다.
6. The most important qualities a human can possess are an iron will and a persevering spirit.
인간이 가질 수 있는 가장 중요한 자질은 강철 같은 의지와 인내하는 정신이다.
7. It is good to test your limits now and then, learn what the body is capable of, what you can endure.
때때로 자신의 한계를 테스트하고 몸이 무엇을 할 수 있는지, 무엇을 견딜 수 있는지 터득하는 것이 좋다.
8. I like the assumption that everyone is trying his best, and we should all just be kind to each other.
나는 모든 사람이 최선을 다하고 있으며, 우리 모두가 서로에게 친절해야 한다는 가정(假定)을 좋아한다.
9. People have to snatch at happiness when they can, in this world.
It is always easier to lose than to find...
할 수 있을 때 행복해져야 한다.
언제나 찾기보다 잃기 쉬운 것이 바로 행복이다 ...
10. It’s painful to hold out hope for the things that once brought you joy.
You have to find ways to make yourself forget.
한때 기쁨을 주었던 일에 대해 희망을 품는 것은 고통스럽다.
잊어버릴 수 있는 방법을 찾아야 한다.
11. I want to live in a place that feels like home.
What I want is what everyone wants – so ordinary as to be cliched.
Why is that so hard to find?
나는 집처럼 느껴지는 곳에서 살고 싶다.
내가 원하는 것은 모두가 원하는 것이다.
진부할 정도로 평범하다.
그런데 내 집처럼 느껴지는 곳을 왜 그렇게 찾기가 힘든 것일까?
12. You have to learn to sift through them, separating fact from conjecture, the likely from the implausible.
Here is what I know: Sometimes the least believable stories are the true ones.
사실과 추측, 가능성 있는 것과 믿기지 않는 것을 분리하여 그것들을 샅샅이 살펴보는 법을 배워야 한다.
내가 아는 것은 다음과 같다.
때로는 가장 믿을 수 없는 이야기가 실제 이야기이기도 하다.
13. I know too much; I’ve seen people at their worst, at their most desperate and selfish, and this knowledge makes me wary.
So I am learning to pretend, to smile, to nod, to display empathy I do not feel.
I am learning to pass, to look like everyone else, even though I feel broken inside.
나는 너무 많은 것을 알고 있다.
나는 사람들이 최악의 상태, 가장 절박하고 이기적인 상태에 있는 것을 보아왔고, 이러한 지식은 나를 경계하게 만든다.
그래서 나는 가장(假裝)하고, 웃으며, 고개를 끄덕이고, 내가 느끼지 못하는 공감을 표현하는 법을 배우고 있다.
나는 속으로 상처 받은 느낌이 들더라도 패스하는 법, 다른 사람들처럼 보이는 법을 배우고 있다.
14. I learned long ago that loss is not only probable but inevitable.
I know what it means to lose everything, to let go of one life and find another.
And now I feel, with a strange, deep certainty, that it must be my lot in life to be taught that lesson over and over again.
나는 손실이 일어날 가능성이 있을 뿐만 아니라, 손실은 불가피하다는 것을 오래전에 배웠다.
나는 모든 것을 잃는 것, 하나의 삶을 버리고 다른 인생을 찾는 것이 무엇을 의미하는지 안다.
이제 나는 이상하고도 깊은 확신을 가지고 그 교훈을 계속해서 배우는 것이 내 인생의 몫임에 틀림없다고 느낀다.
📚 Book Trailer: Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmgbE6I9Hnw
🪄 Christina Baker Kline: The Exiles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LFOXeOkrXY
※ Quotes & sayings from Women Authors 2(여성 작가들의 명언)
-. Barbara Cartland(바버라 카틀랜드)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2022/10/barbara-cartland-sayings-quotes.html
-. Barbara Delinsky(바바라 델린스키)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2026/04/family-tree-author-barbara.html
-. Barbara Hambly(바버라 햄블리)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2024/03/barbara-hambly-sayings-quotes-books-in.html
-. Beverly Lewis(비벌리 루이스)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2025/08/assemblies-of-god-beverly-lewis-wise.html
-. Brenda Ueland(브렌다 웰런드)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2024/09/the-art-of-listening-brenda-ueland.html
-. Brene Brown(브레네 브라운)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2022/11/brenebrene-brown-sayings-quotes.html
-. Byron Katie(바이런 케이티)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2025/10/spiritual-innovator-byron-katie-quotes.html
-. Caitlin Doughty(케이틀린 도우티)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2022/10/mortician-caitlin-doughty-sayings.html
-. Cameron Dokey(캐머런 도키)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2024/04/cameron-dokey-sayings-quotes-belle.html
-. Candace Bushnell(캔디스 부슈널)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2026/06/sex-and-city-candace-bushnell-column.html
-. Dani Shapiro(대니 샤피로)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2023/03/dani-shapiro-english-wise-sayings.html
-. Daphne Rose Kingma(대프니 로즈 킹마)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2022/11/daphne-rose-kingma-sayings-quotes.html





