◈ Copyright of the original
※ Monica Samille Lewinsky (born 1973, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monica_Lewinsky , https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0506861 , https://www.instagram.com/monica_lewinsky ) ; an American activist.
She became internationally known in the late 1990s after U.S. president Bill Clinton admitted to having had an affair with her during her days as a White House intern between 1995 and 1997 (그녀는 1990년대 후반, 1995~1997년까지 백악관 인턴으로 재직하던 시절 Bill Clinton 미국 대통령과 불륜 관계를 맺었다고 인정하면서 국제적으로 유명해졌다).
Following the scandal, Lewinsky designed a line of handbags under her name, served as an advertising spokesperson for a diet plan, and worked as a television personality (스캔들 이후, 그녀는 자신의 이름을 딴 핸드백 라인을 디자인하고, 다이어트 프로그램 광고 모델로 활동했으며, 텔레비전 방송인으로도 일했다).
In 2014, Lewinsky began speaking out as an activist against cyberbullying (2014년부터 그녀는 사이버 괴롭힘 반대 운동가로 활동하기 시작했다).
☞ Chung Woon-gap profile
https://jc2588.tistory.com/pages/hello
What did people truly want to say to the world?
I want to convey the true heart of the person published here.
With this mindset, I hope to properly express Monica Lewinsky's heart.
1. Changing behaviours begins with evolving beliefs.
행동의 변화는 신념의 변화에서 시작된다.
2. I've learned not to put things in my mouth that are bad for me.
나는 몸에 해로운 것은 입에 넣지 말아야 한다는 것을 배웠다.
3. I was worried about my mom more than I was worried about the president.
And then I was worried about the president, and then I was worried about myself.
나는 대통령보다 우리 엄마가 더 걱정되었다.
그러다 보니 대통령이 걱정되기 시작했고, 그다음엔 나 자신이 걱정되었다.
4. Getting and keeping my immunity became very important to me.
For I needed to take care of myself and my family.
No one else was worried about me.
면역력을 관리하고 유지하는 것이 내게는 정말로 중요했다.
왜냐하면 나 자신과 가족을 돌봐야 했기 때문이다.
아무도 나를 걱정해주지 않았다.
5. I try to make very careful decisions about what I choose to do, and it's - I know that unfortunately one of the misperceptions about me, I think, is that I'm sort of a moth to the limelight.
나는 내가 하는 일에 대해 아주 신중하게 결정하려고 노력한다.
안타깝게도 사람들 중 일부가 나에 대해 잘못 생각하는 게 있는 것 같다.
사람들이 나를 마치 주목받는 걸 좋아하는 사람처럼 본다는 것이다.
6. So I think it's - what was important to me is that I found that I can't change the fact that people already have made an opinion about me.
But I don't think that should stop me from trying to correct some of the misperceptions that are out there.
그래서 나는 사람들이 이미 나에 대해 가진 어떤 선입견은 바꿀 수 없다는 사실을 깨달았다.
하지만 그렇다고 해서 잘못된 인식을 바로잡으려는 내 노력을 멈춰서는 안 된다고 생각한다.
7. We talk a lot about our right to freedom of expression, but we need to talk more about our responsibility to freedom of expression.
We all want to be heard, but let's acknowledge the difference between speaking up with intention and speaking up for attention.
우리는 표현의 자유에 대한 권리에 대해 많이 이야기하지만, 표현의 자유에 대한 책임에 대해서도 더 많이 이야기해야 한다.
우리 모두는 자신의 목소리를 내고 싶어 하지만, 의도를 가지고 말하는 것과 관심을 끌기 위해 말하는 것에는 차이가 있다는 것을 알아야 한다.
8. Building a more compassionate society is going to be a bilateral exercise between individuals and the brands that represent their aspirations, their values and their truths.
People make brands.
If people are compassionate, brands will be compassionate in return.
더 자비로운 사회를 만드는 일은 개인 및 그들의 열망, 가치, 진실을 대표하는 브랜드 사이의 상호작용이 될 것이다.
사람들이 브랜드를 만든다.
사람들이 자비롭다면, 브랜드도 그에 따라 자비로울 것이다.
9. As far as our culture of humiliation goes, what we need is a revolution.
Public shaming as a blood sport has to stop.
우리 사회의 굴욕 문화에 대해서는 혁명이 필요하다.
피 튀기는 스포츠처럼 다루는 공개적인 망신주기는 사라져야 한다.
10. Anyone who is suffering from shame and public humiliation needs to know one thing: You can survive it...
You can insist on a different ending to your story.
Have compassion for yourself.
We all deserve compassion, and to live both online and off in a more compassionate world.
수치심과 공개적인 망신에 시달리는 사람이라면 누구나 한 가지를 알아야 한다.
우리는 그것을 이겨낼 수 있다.
자신의 이야기에 다른 결말을 요구할 수 있다.
스스로에게 연민심을 가져라.
우리 모두는 연민을 받을 자격이 있으며, 온라인과 오프라인 모두에서 더욱 동정심이 넘치는 세상에서 살아가야 한다.
🏺 The price of shame | Monica Lewinsky | TED
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_8y0WLm78U
🪴 Monica Lewinsky On "Reclaiming" What Was Lost, And Why Taylor Swift( https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2022/11/taylor-swift-happiness-sayings-quotes.html ) Should Guest On Her Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PRYHCXCJk0
※ Quotes & sayings from Social Celebrities 2(유명인들의 명언)
-. Hank Green(행크 그린)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2022/10/hankgreensayingsquoteswikipediawebsitet.html
-. Helen Keller(헬렌 켈러)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2022/11/helen-keller-sayings-quotes-wikipedia.html
-.Ina May Gaskin(이나 메이 가스킨)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2024/12/gaskin-maneuver-ina-may-gaskin-sayings.html
-. Jane Hawking(제인 호킹)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2024/03/jane-hawking-sayings-quotes-books.html
-. Jocko Willink(조코 윌링크)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2022/11/navy-seals-jocko-willink-sayings-quotes.html
-. Joel Osteen(조엘 오스틴)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2023/07/joel-osteen-sayings-quotes-messages.html
-. Kim Kardashian(킴 카다시안)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2025/01/socialite-kim-kardashian-quotes-sayings.html
-. Kylie Jenner(카일리 제너)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2023/09/kylie-jenner-sayings-quotes-wikipedia.html
-. Larry Gagosian(래리 가고시안)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2025/11/art-dealer-how-larry-gagosian-reshaped.html
-. Leigh Steinberg(리 스타인버그)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2025/12/super-bowl-party-leigh-steinberg.html
-. Lilly Singh(릴리 싱)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2024/07/superwoman-lilly-singhiisuperwomanii.html
-. Marilyn vos Savant(메릴린 보스 사반트)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2026/02/savant-syndrome-marilyn-vos-savant.html
-. Martha Stewart(마사 스튜어트)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2023/04/martha-stewart-english-famous-quotes.html
-. Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra(미구엘 드 세르반테스)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2022/11/miguel-de-cervantes-saavedra-sayings.html
-. Nita Ambani(니타 암바니)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2024/07/nita-ambani-quotes-sayings-net-worth.html
-. Oprah Winfrey(오프라 윈프리)
https://cw2588.blogspot.com/2022/11/oprah-winfrey-sayings-quotes-wikipedia.html





